Sunday, November 8, 2020

Roasted peanut masala

I am meeting my little brother almost after five years😍. My little brother, for whom I used to buy gifts on behalf of Santa Clause 😊😊, has grown up so much. He has completed his studies and now he has started working also. He has shifted to Hyderabad for his job and now he is coming to visit us!!

It was raining heavily the day he reached Bangalore, so me and my hubby, went to pick him up from the bus stop. I was elated to see him in person after such a long time, I almost cried!!

As soon as we entered the car, my brother said, “let’s go to the nearest liquor shop,” hubby dear happily agreed 😊, God, these boys are crazy….

The liquor shop was only two blocks away, didn’t take much time to reach. Hubby dear got his favorite one and brother got a bottle of white wine, and to our surprise, my brother paid for both and said, “I couldn’t buy anything for you guys, this is my gift to you from my first salary.”

Wow…my brother just gifted me a bottle of wine from his first salary, this is really a proud moment for me 😊

So, it’s time for an evening celebration with wine and roasted peanut masala!!!

Here is how to prepare roasted peanut masala

Ingredients:

  • 1 cup of roasted peanut, skin removed
  • ½ cup of steamed and sautéed green peas, you can use either frozen or fresh green peas
  • ½ cup chopped onion
  • ¾ cup chopped cucumber
  • ¾ cup chopped tomato
  • ¼ cup freshly chopped coriander leaves
  • ½ tbsp finely chopped green chilies (optional), you can add or reduce the quantity as per your taste
  • Juice of ½ lemon
  • ½ tsp chat masala
  • ½ tsp rock salt
  • Salt as per taste

Method:

  • Dry roast the peanuts in a thick bottom kadhai or pan till the skin starts peeling off
  • Once roasted nicely, remove the skin and keep aside
  • Steam the green peas with a pinch of salt and sauté them
  • Chop onion, cucumber, and tomatoes into small cubes
  • Take a large mixing bowl and put the roasted peanut, sautéed green peas, and diced veggies
  • Mix all the ingredients nicely
  • Add rock salt and normal salt as per taste
  • Squeeze the juice of half a lemon and mix well
  • Sprinkle the chat masala
  • Finally, garnish with the freshly chopped coriander leaves

Roasted peanut masala is ready to be served with your favorite drink or as a small snack in between meals.

And once the wine was over I made a wine bottle planter out of it :)

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment