Sunday, November 8, 2020

Recycled Wine bottle planter

 Today afternoon, I was putting away some stuff in the overhead storage in the kitchen and found an empty wine bottle safely stashed away. I was wondering what is this empty wine bottle doing here? Then suddenly, I remembered ohh! This was my brother’s gift to me after he got his first job.

It was in 2017, he joined a company in Hyderabad and one fine morning called me, “Didi, I am coming to Bangalore, it’s a long weekend for me, will spend some time with you,” and when he came, he got me a bottle of white wine ðŸ˜ŠðŸ˜Š. We had a nice celebration in the evening with wine and roasted peanut masala. Later, we finished with chicken rezalla and whole wheat paratha.

That’s why I couldn’t throw it away even after finishing the contents inside ðŸ˜Š. I thought someday I would make something out of it.

This is what I made from that wine bottle, a planter/vase

What all you need;

  • Empty wine bottle or you can take any nice shaped empty bottle
  • Satin ribbon, you can pick any color, I chose pink
  • Glitter tape, the same or nearby shade of the ribbon that you chose, I chose red
  • Fevicol

 How I made it;

  • Cleaned the bottle thoroughly with warm water and liquid dish wash
  • Wiped it dry from the outside and kept it aside for some time to air dry
  • Stuck the ribbon in a spiral fashion to cover the bottom part of the bottle
  • Stuck the glitter tape around the neck and ta-da!

My planter is ready to display, thanks for the gift bro!! ðŸ˜Š

When the bottle was full the "D" meant "Diya", now it means "Didi" ðŸ˜Š

Do you have any nice shaped empty bottle, why don't you give it a try to recycle and let me know how it went... 


Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment