Sunday, November 8, 2020

Hand painted Conch design on Short Kurti

 Last year, my Maasi visited us from Kolkata during Durga Puja. Durga Puja also called Durgotsava is an annual Hindu festival originating in the Indian subcontinent which reveres and pays homage to the Hindu goddess, Durga.

As per mythology, the festival marks the victory of goddess Durga in her battle against the Mahishasura, symbolizing the victory of good over evil.

Durga puja is a ten-day event and a widely celebrated festival, shopping season for communities celebrating it, with people buying gifts for not only family members but also for close relatives and friends. New clothes are a traditional gift.

My Maasi, in the excitement of meeting us during the puja did a lot of shopping and gifted me a couple of nice sarees, she knew how much I love sarees 😊😊.

One of the sarees came with a running blouse piece; however, I paired that saree with a different blouse, so this blouse piece was lying around my cupboard.


It was a nice comfortable piece of cloth, so I made a short Kurti out of it and hand-painted it fabric paint.

Its looks ethnic isn’t it, now I paired it up with a grey cotton trouser 😊


PC: Baby S 😍

Did you like it, leave your comments below...

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment