Sunday, November 8, 2020

Veg Spring Roll, the healthier version

It was a Friday evening before the Corona hit us.


I was working late in the office, was dying of hunger but could not get up, had to finish some urgent deliverables and as it is if it starts raining then I will get stuck for hours……suddenly I smelled something delicious, Ayesha got a plate of cheela and spring rolls from the cafeteria.

The spring rolls were smoking hot and too oily, but I was so hungry that I couldn’t control myself and finished half plate. Sorry, Ayesha!!!

After reaching home I was feeling so bad, eating the spring rolls made me crave for more, but they were so oily and spicy it was not at all good for health 

At last, I couldn’t resist anymore and took out my Kenstar Air Fryer to make healthy and tasty spring rolls.

My cute little helper, Baby S was super excited, as usual ðŸ˜Š

All the ingredients were readily available at home, in half an hour our healthy and tasty veg spring rolls were ready…



Here is the recipe for healthy and tasty Mumma S’ Veg Spring Roll

Ingredients:
  • 4 whole wheat chapattis, you can use refined flour or maida as well
  • 1 serving of chowmein or Hakka noodles with veggies of your choice
  • ½ cup shredded cabbage
  • ½ cup of finely sliced onion
  • ½ cup of shredded carrots
  • ½ cup shredded cheese
  • 1 tablespoon of mayonnaise
  • Finely sliced green chili, you can omit or add more as per your taste
  • A pinch of black pepper
  • Salt as per taste


Method:
  • Prepare chowmein/hakka noodles as per the packet instruction or as you prepare normally, you can use leftover instant noodles also.
  • Make 4 chapattis or you can use store-bought spring roll wrappers also. I used whole wheat chapattis
  • Mix all the veggies (cabbage, onion, and carrot) together with the cheese, mayo, salt, chili, and black pepper.
  • Preheat the air fryer at 200 degrees for 5 minutes.
  • Now take one chapatti spread the mixture and some noodles, roll it up tightly. Prepare all the 4 chapattis similarly.
  • Once the air fryer is ready, place all the 4 chapatti rolls and air fry it for 3 minutes on each side. You can brush them on both sides with little oil.
  • Serve hot with salad and sauce.
Do try it and let me know how it turned out in the comments section below!!

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment