Sunday, November 8, 2020

Handmade Mason jar candle – perfect birthday gift with a personal touch

 This lockdown has awakened the creative soul inside me.

Baby S got an invitation to a birthday party yesterday. The parents of the kid decided not to make it an elaborate one, it was a simple cake cutting and snacks for the kids. Also, as it was in our apartment only, I had no objection and the birthday kid’s mother is a brilliant cook, so both cake and snacks were homemade. Basically, there was nothing that I could worry about 😊😊. But you know, we mothers could not spend a day without worrying, if you don’t have to worry about your kid's health and wellness during this pandemic, you have to worry about what would you give to the birthday girl. Thankfully, my creative soul saved me, gave me some quick idea. I thought of making a candle matching with her birthday theme and this was the result.


In the evening while Baby S was making a handmade card for her friend, I started preparing the candle. I had all the supplies; it was just a matter of putting it all together.

What all you need:

  • Clean mason jar
  • Candle wax
  • Colorful wax crayons (optional, I used pink and blue)
  • Candlewick
  • Essential oil (optional)
  • Candle mold (I used a small paper cup)
  • Double boiler
  • Yellow ribbon for decoration (optional)
  • Cinnamon sticks for decoration (optional)
  • Golden glitter (optional)

How I made it:
  • Put the required amount of candle wax in a double boiler and melt it
  • Add the colored wax crayon of your choice and mix well
  • Add a few drops of essential oil in the mixture, mix well again
  • In the meantime, put the wick in the mold (I used paper cup) and set it with a drop of glue
  • Pour the melted wax in the mold, carefully setting the wick with the help of a stick or pencil
  • Let it cool and solidify completely
  • Again, take some candle wax and melt it in the double boiler
  • Add another colored wax crayon and mix well
  • Add glitters (optional), I painted a few golden streaks on the candle at the end
  • Pour the melted wax again on top of the solidified wax
  • Let it cool and solidify completely
  • Put it inside the mason jar and decorate as you wish
I surrounded it with cinnamon sticks, sprinkled some cinnamon powder on top and tied a yellow ribbon on the neck of the mason jar to go with the gold and yellow theme of the birthday party. The birthday girl was really really happy that I made her a personalized candle 😍



This awesome cake was made by the kid's mother, my friend Vidhya, hats off to her creativity, and I can also vouch for the taste, it was realy really yummy 😋😋

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment