Friday, November 20, 2020

Diwali DIY - Diya painting

This year during Diwali, my lil kiddo got a DIY project during her vacation, Diya painting or Diya decoration….wow, it was one of my favorite activity when I was a kid. It brought back all my childhood memories….I remembered that I had also put up Diwali stalls in one of my previous organizations along with all my hand painted T-shirts, Diya candles, some DIY crafts etc. 😊….so, when I saw her holiday homework, I got so excited that I bought a dozen of clay diyas to be painted and decorated by my lil one and of course I would also try my hand on a few of them. Kiddo was also super excited 😆. So, first day of her vacation, in the morning, after breakfast, she was all decked up with diyas, paints, decorative items, glitter and what not 😁😁.

We took two diyas each, and got into action;

  • First we applied white paint on all of them as a base coat, we used Fevicryl acrylic colors 
  • Then we chose one color each, kiddo chose light blue and I picked up yellow, all Fevicryl acrylic colors 
  • Kiddo decorated with some golden glittery pain, she used Fevicryl metallic colors
  • I chose to decorate with red.

All of them came out really nice, we were quite happy with the outcome.

Kiddo in action

Kiddo decided to gift the blue ones painted by her to her friends as we were visiting their house during Diwali.

The yellow ones, are still with us and we decorated our house with them. We had a wonderful and safe Diwali amidst the pandemic with lots of diyas and lights.

Hope you had a wonderful Diwali too, what was your Diwali DIY??

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment