Sunday, November 8, 2020

Chocolate mug cake – a quick fix for that unbearable chocolate craving

 Yesterday, Baby S went for a birthday party in our apartment, and within a few minutes, I received a couple of pictures in the WhatsApp group. The birthday boy was blowing off a candle and cutting a delicious looking chocolate cake; and all the kids (difficult to identify who is who, as all of them were wearing masks 😊😊) are standing around the table and cheering for him.

Looking at the birthday cake picture, I started getting a chocolate craving, but this time I had my quick fix ready; I remembered the first the time I prepared mug cake 😊

It was almost three years back; was supposed to be a lazy Sunday, but alas!! it started with a recurrence of Baby S’s fever and as usual Daddy S started panicking, putting all the blame on me, why didn’t I take her to see the doctor in the first place? Why did I send her to school after two days of fever remission blah blah blah 😒

I, though irritated at his comments, started looking for doctor appointments, and to my dismay, I found only a couple of doctors are available…doctors should take special appointments on Sundays……anyway, after not much thought, I reluctantly booked an appointment with the pediatrician who did ear piercing for Baby S. 

Baby S started crying as soon as she heard that we are going take her to the doctor which irritated Daddy S more and war broke out between them...oh god, give me a break.

However, the visit to the doctor was peaceful, so the afternoon actually turned out to be a lazy one.

Then it was time for our Sunday special evening snacks…ready to eat smiley, chicken nuggets with tomato ketchup & mayo and some fryums…and we were done…really???? Nooooo!! I wanted something else, I was craving for some chocolates…we had one coco filled cupcake left (MIL bought two) and both Baby S and Daddy S wanted to have it…what about me!!!!… I didn’t have a chocolate craving during my pregnancy, but that doesn’t mean I can’t have one now.

I wanted chocolate cake within 5 minutes, I simply didn’t want to wait and didn’t want to go out…final outcome was yummy moist warm chocolate cake with chocolate sauce topping…and as by the time Baby S had already finished her cupcake, she wanted to share my mug cake also…and her the comment was, “Mamma, it’s so yummy, I like it” 😋



So, here is the recipe for a warm moist chocolate mug cake…put together in a jiffy within 5 minutes for your unbearable chocolate cravings

Ingredients:

  • ¼ th cup all-purpose flour
  • 2 tbsp cocoa powder
  • ¼ th tsp baking powder
  • 3 tbsp granulated sugar (you can add or reduce as per your taste, I like it more sweet)
  • ¼ th cup milk
  • 2 tbsp vegetable oil
  • 1 tbsp Nutella (optional, you can use any sweet spread or jam of your choice)
  • 1 tbsp choco chips (optional)
  • 1 tbsp of chocolate sauce (optional)

Method:

  • Take a microwave-safe bowl or mug (take big enough mugs so that the cake can rise, mix all the dry ingredients together
  • Whisk the milk and vegetable oil
  • Add the spoonful of Nutella or jam of your choice on top, no need to push it down
  • You can add a spoonful of choco chips or broken cashew also on top
  • Microwave for 70 to 90 seconds depending on the type of your microwave.
  • Carefully remove from microwave and enjoy.

What do you do for you unbearable chocolate cravings, especially as you can’t go out so often due to this Corona pandemic??

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment