Sunday, November 8, 2020

Banana milkshake - healthy and yummy

 Last weekend after Ganesh Chaturthi was over, other than Ganesh’s blessings, we were left with dozens of bananas😀. Some were already there from our weekly grocery shopping, and the rest came as prasad from Ganesh Chaturthi. 

Seeing the pile of bananas, my mother in law kept on reciting “why don’t we make some banana milkshake?“ I knew that “we” actually meant “you” 😒but I was not in a mood to make milkshake during a busy weekday.

Finally, I gave up! I was fasting on Friday and by the evening I needed something to boost my energy😰. Banana milkshake felt like the perfect choice at that time. Also, it is Baby S’s most loved drink.😋

Bananas and dates are powerhouses of energy💪, a rich source of dietary fiber, potassium, calcium, vitamins, and various antioxidants, an instant energy booster.


So here comes my simple banana milkshake recipe, nutritious, healthy, and delicious.

Ingredients:

  • 2 ripe bananas, chopped, over-riped ones are best
  • ½ liter chilled milk
  • 2-4 deseeded and chopped dates
  • 1 tbsp crushed dry fruits, I used almonds, cashews, and pistachios
  • 1 tsp sugar (optional), I didn’t add sugar, bananas, and dates were naturally sweet

Method:

  • Add chopped bananas and dates along with the milk in a blender
  • Blend until smooth and frothy
  • Garnish with crushed dry fruits
  • Serve immediately

My other fasting foods are sabudana khichdi, sabudana kheer, sabudana vada, boiled, and sautéed veggies.

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment